The Payroll Manager will lead a team and manage the day-to day payroll operations in a fast-paced organization. The Payroll Manager will be ensuring an accurate and timely processing of payroll in addition to managing various payroll deliverables with internal and external business partners. The Manager should provide strategic direction and expertise to the various payroll functions while ensuring the processes administered are in compliance with internal company policies- Reviews and resolves escalated payroll cases such as missing or late time sheets with departments.
- Interacts with both the HRIS and IT departments to resolve payroll systems problems and to implement new payroll programs.
- Organizes payroll input and output of information for ease of reference, to fulfill internal accounting and legal requirements.
- Participates with external departments in investigation and implementation of special projects.
- May perform other job-related duties as required or requested.
- Manages and oversees the processing of payroll for all Tufts Medicine locations/entities through the payroll systems
- Oversees the auditing of and processing of time in the timekeeping systems.
- Ensures that time-keepers and all other users are accurately coding and authorizing time in accordance with hospital/company policies
- Ensures proper documentation for all payroll adjustments such as status change forms, authorization by email, etc., and maintains records in accordance with acceptable record retention standards
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, works to establish, implement, and maintain internal controls in order to guarantee a high level of payroll processing compliance according to state and federal regulatory requirements
- Works with the Senior Payroll Tax Analysts to ensure that quarterly and annual tax processing including W-2’s are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Interviews, recommends the selection of, trains, schedules the work of, supervises, and evaluates Payroll Analysts and Coordinators
- Works with Total Rewards to ensure proper one time and recurring payments as well benefit deductions.
- Works with various HR departments to ensure compliance with Union Contracts.
REQUIREMENTS - Bachelor’s Degree with a major or concentration in Accounting or related field.
- Certified payroll professional – CPP or FCP desired; years of experience accepted as alternative
- Three to five years of payroll experience, with specialized knowledge of federal and state reporting requirements, as well as wage and hour laws.
- Experience with Workday software package preferred.
- Three to five years of experience with a timekeeping system including Kronos or Etime.
- Experience processing full cycle payrolls, including quarterly and annual reporting, understanding of taxes, workers compensation, leave laws and garnishments.
- Prior Supervisory experience required.
- Proven history of progressive change in responsibilities within the payroll department.
- Experience working ADP Smart Compliance preferred.
- Prior experience with overseeing Internal controls and process improvements preferred.
Pharmacy Technician from Complete Staffing
Size : 100 to 499 employees
Category : Staffing/Employment Agencies
Location : US, Marlboro, MassachusettsAll Jobs