Position SummaryResponsible for maintenance, servicing and repairs of roads and other infrastructure assets. This individual will be responsible for maintaining contracted assets (such as roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, litter removal etc.) per standards in the contract and as directed by supervisor.*Please note - in order to support our road maintenance services, this role may be assigned to operations of equipment for winter (if applicable) or summer operations as required. Primary Duties and Responsibilities- Creates safe Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T) control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
- Transports crew and equipment to work sites operating vehicle large trucks and specialized motor vehicles and trailers.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Removal of all road debris and litter which has accumulated or has been dumped onto roadway surface and shoulder or washes onto water’s edge.
- Removal of debris and litter around facilities, buildings, docks, vessel landings, mooring berths, jetties, loading ramp areas, and parking areas,
- Removal of shopping carts and other foreign objects off client property,
- Removal of debris and litter around stockpile locations,
- Removal of accumulated or foreign stock piles dumped on client system,
- Removal of dead animals in and around the toll roads and facilities (Do not remove dead animals larger than 150 pounds or hazardous material, instead notify client for removal),
- Removal of illegal signs or structures that were not erected or authorized by client.
- Removal of hazard/incident roadway debris,
- Removal of debris and litter due to high tide and winds at contract locations.
- Removal of roadway debris (including sand/dirt) that has collected in CCAs and ramp gore areas.
- Keep roadways free of debris
- All other duties as assigned.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
- Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Ability to cooperate and communicate written or verbally with co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
- Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals to comply with contractual requirements
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
- High level of attention to detail.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in concrete, asphalt repair, construction and maintenance.
- Skill in the use and care of small hand power tools associated with the work.
- Ability to interface with the public in a professional manner.
- 24/7 Operations- Availably for holidays, nights, weekends, overtime, and 3rd shift are required.
- On call duties as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to respond within contractual guidelines and timeframes.
- Basic knowledge of technology (Smartphones) (Preferred).
Education and Experience- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
- One (1) year work experience in infrastructure, maintenance, and repair. (Preferred)
- A valid driver license and a good driving record are required to drive a company vehicle. (Required)
- Ability to pass and obtain Advanced MOT Certification (Required)
Work Conditions / Physical DemandsWork EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to traffic and outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can be more than moderate. Physical DemandsThe employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment. Vision abilities include both close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to pass fit test for respirator as required. Ability to work at heights. Ability to work in confined spaces.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Florida Keys) - Marathon, FL at Ferrovial ServicesAll Jobs