POSITION: Certified Teacher: Dance SCHOOL / DEPT: This is an itinerant position that will serve students in all Boyle County Schools, grades 5-12. EVALUATOR: Principal / Designee SALARY SCHEDULE: Certified APPROVED BY: Boyle County Board of Education DATE: May 2018 ABOUT USKids come first at Boyle County Schools. We’re proud to employ a team of educators and staff who strive for excellence, crave innovation and look for ways to provide students with personalized learning environments. A state and national leader in education, Boyle County Schools elevates more than 2,500 students to the highest levels of achievement through growth in academics, the arts and athletics. ABOUT THE POSITIONCertified Teachers are a key ingredient to student success. We are looking for educators who can join our quest in the physical, mental and social development of the kids in Boyle County. Innovation and positive risk-taking are encouraged as we look to integrate technology and new learning strategies while teaching all content areas covered by the Kentucky Academic Core Standards and the Boyle County School District Curriculum Guide. JOB QUALIFICATIONSThis position requires:- Bachelor's degree in education or fifth year program with a valid teaching certificate for teaching Dance.
- Kentucky teaching certificate or statement of eligibility issued by the Educational Professional Standards Board.
- A college or university letter of acceptance for an alternative route to certification will also be accepted.
For new or soon to be college graduates: If you are a new graduate without one of the documents above, please include with your application a short letter describing the following: your area of certification, expected graduation date, university name and status with regard to obtaining teacher certification. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are listed for reference. Success will involve the ongoing demonstration of desire and ability to perform responsibilities effectively, efficiently, pleasantly and with a focus on student success.- Employ classroom management techniques that result in an atmosphere for teaching/learning in which students understand what they are expected to do.
- Plan lessons around the Kentucky Academic Core Standards and the Boyle County School District Curriculum Guides.
- Plan effectively with respect to establishing teaching strategies which allow the attainment, by the student, of the lesson objective.
- Recognize student differences in needs, abilities, and interests and design instruction so that these differences are met.
- Carry out other professional responsibilities including punctuality, reliability, care of equipment and materials, planning, communication, confidentiality, and following district and school policies.
- Ability to use technology for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to supporting instruction, accessing and manipulating data, professional growth and productivity, communicating and collaborating with colleagues, parents and the community, and conducting research/solving problems. Proficiency in technology skills must be demonstrated based on the performance criteria set out in the KDE teacher standards for technology.
- Strict adherence to the Policies and Procedures of the Boyle County Board of Education, the Employee Handbook, Code of Ethics for Certified School Personnel and Kentucky Revised Statutes.
- Fulfilling contractual obligation of days worked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Students and Instructional Assistants. WORKING CONDITIONS- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION- The work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.