Job Summary:The AV-8B Electronics Tech III (Avionics Technician) is required to maintain and service the applicable aircraft electrical and electronic systems/components as required in support of the Program in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions Principle AccountabilitiesServices, repairs and overhauls aircraft electronic and electrical systems.
Troubleshoots repairs, removes and replaces aircraft wiring and connectors, Weapons Replaceable Assemblies (WRAS) and Shop Replaceable Assemblies (SRAs) in accordance with appropriate governing instructions and maintenance manuals utilizing hand tools, power tools, electronic test equipment and associated materials.
Maintains all aircraft electrical and electronic systems to include power distribution, compass, global positioning system, communications, navigation, radar, computer, integrated weapons delivery, fire control and others that may be installed in assigned aircraft.
Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft systems.
Will be required to certify as a CDl.
Minimum Requirements:- The candidate must have completed a Navy Class A school for Aviation Electricians or Aviation Electronics Technicians, or USMC/USCG equivalent and a Navy Class C school in electrical or electronics repair, (5 yearsâ€™ organizational level experience may be substituted for the Class "C" school.)
- Must have a minimum of 10 yearsâ€™ experience in Organizational Level avionics maintenance
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license.
- Must qualify for and be able to maintain a secret level clearance.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge & SkillsRecent experience with AV-8B aircraft strongly preferred.
Able to reads and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams, schematics, manufacturerâ€™s publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
Analyzes weapons control and release systems for proper functioning and repairs or replaces components to ensure proper weapons control and release functions.
Able to apply advanced technical knowledge to solve usually complex problems and identify failed components.
Able to draw, load and maintain physical security of all associated Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment
Physical/Working EnvironmentMay work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
Training Supervisor - Maintenance Training at AmentumAll Jobs