OverviewThe Claims Manager will maintain accountability for developing and implementing a strategic vision and providing oversight and direction of an industry best multi-line claims administration program. The Claims Manager will select a recognized framework of best practices and controls, develop a strategic program roadmap, and deliver exceptional quantitative and qualitative results. The Claims Manager will directly oversee, manage and develop a team of claims management professionals responsible for administration of Workers' Compensation, General Liability, Products Liability, Auto Liability and Property claims, ensuring technical, personal, and professional development and maximizing career growth opportunities while maintaining high engagement and sustaining a culture reflecting the emphasis the Company places on diversity, equity and inclusion. Specific Responsibilities Include:- Create and maintain relationships with insurance brokers, carriers, third party claims administrators, and external legal counsel, as well as a network of product and service providers, ensuring that the Company and brand are always represented by those delivering exceptional results in the most economical manner possible while maintaining the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Partner cross-functionally with Environmental Health and Safety, Restaurant Operations, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Facilities, Legal, Loss Prevention and Security and other departments to ensure a clear understanding of internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation for all claims administration processes and leverage claims management software to maximize process efficiency. Identify opportunities for process improvement resulting in the most efficient and cost-effective outcomes for the company.
- Directly oversee self-administration and third-party administration of claims, including development of best practices, client service instructions, service level agreements, litigation handling guidelines, and processes for every component of the claims administration process.
- Provide oversight and direction to a team of claims professionals, delivered in an affirming manner, ensuring compliance with claims handling standards while maximizing opportunities for affirmation, coaching and technical development.
- Maintain responsibility for an inventory of complex, high exposure, high profile claims, including litigation and catastrophic incidents that could have brand damaging impacts.
- Ensure the effectiveness of process controls, adherence to defined standards, and delivery of high-quality results, through execution of a comprehensive audit program that encompasses internal and external claims professionals as well as product and professional service providers.
- Facilitate regular claims reviews with third party administrators and external counsel, providing creative insights, strategic direction and ensuing a constant focus on claim disposition. Regularly present claims-related recommendations to senior management to achieve consensus relative to strategy and financial authority.
- Ensure delivery of claims resolution with claimant advocacy as a fundamental value, maintaining the highest standards of customer care and empathy while protecting the brand and its reputation. Relentlessly focus on refining methods to improve the efficiency of claims investigation, identifying creative and equitable claim outcomes, and developing the most advanced negotiation skills among the claims team.
- Ensure that statutory benefits are provided in accordance with obligations and that potential liabilities are identified in a timely manner, accurately quantified to reflect the most likely probable outcome, and updated throughout the claims lifecycle.
Wendy’s is the world's second largest quick-service hamburger company and was built on the premise, "Quality is our Recipe®," which remains the guidepost of the Wendy's system. Today, Wendy's and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,700 restaurants worldwide with a vision of becoming the world's most thriving and beloved restaurant brand.Education / Experience- BA/BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, or a related field of study
- Professional designations such as CPCU, CRM, ARM, AIC, paralegal or similar certification demonstrating a commitment to professional development
- 5 years professional experience in risk management, multi-line claims adjustment, or a closely related field
- 3 years professional experience in a leadership or supervisory role relative to claims and/or litigation management
- Juris Doctorate helpful, although not required.
Please note that the Wendy's Company does not accept unsolicited résumé’s from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit résumé’s to an approved requisition, the Wendy's company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Shift Leader - Open and Hiring! at Wendy'sAll Jobs