MPCI Underwriter II (Job Number:336698 )
Perform in-depth underwriting and processing functions and/or assist in coordinating the work activities of the MPCI department.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:- Audits and processes complex and difficult policy files.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of underwriters and other MPCI department personnel as necessary.
- Trains employees on underwriting rules and procedures for entering data into computer policy processing system as necessary.
- Provides input to MPCI Supervisor and Senior MPCI Underwriter on work performance of assigned employees as necessary.
- Assists MPCI Supervisor and/or Senior MPCI Underwriter to analyze and resolve work problems and assist staff in solving problems.
- Monitors work output to ensure that processing deadlines are met.
- Communicates by phone and mail to answer questions from agents, field personnel, FSA county offices, policyholders and underwriters.
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Analyze data and updates records.
- Audits outgoing reports and policy forms for accuracy.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
High School or GED required with a baccalaureate degree preferred and at least two years of MPCI Underwriting experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:- Knowledge of MPCI program and specialty programs and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to positively direct the work of others, including the ability to make and communicate work assignments and resolve issues affecting staff members.
- Ability to train current employees about process changes and job tasks.
- Ability to comprehend agents’ questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to apply company terminology, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
EEO StatementAt Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Job Posting- Apr 19, 2021, 8:06:26 PM
Category : InsuranceAll Jobs