Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaSenior Director- Cyber Distinguished EngineerDistinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive to be diverse in thought so we visualize the problem space. At Capital One, we believe diversity of thought strengthens our ability to influence, collaborate and provide the most innovative solutions across organizational boundaries. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact our trajectory and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions.- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One’s toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
As a candidate for this role, you’re able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technology with engineers to driving high level, strategic discussions around cloud roadmaps and security patterns. You are a naturally curious technologist and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You feel at home in the cloud and are an expert in designing cloud-native security solutions. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities. You take a critical lens to buy vs. build decisions and are not afraid of implementing custom built or open source solutions alongside traditional vendor products. You also love to lead, manage, mentor, and recruit an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across various customer touch points. Responsibilities:- Strategic technical lead who will oversee the vision, roadmap, trade-offs and delivery across the enterprise with a relentless focus on balancing security with simplification.
- Serve as a cyber security counsel to senior leadership
- Operate as a trusted advisor on cyber security as well as for a specific technology, platform and/or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an unified and consistent manner
- Brings in a larger context to a larger software teams and architects across multiple domains/departments and guide their architecture evolution in response to business changes
- Builds awareness, increase knowledge and drive adoption of modern technologies, sharing consumer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Strikes the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others’ ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
- Promotes a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible
- Effectively communicates with and influences key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operates as a trusted advisor for a specific technology, platform or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an unified manner
- Leads the way in developingcreating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One’s Tech talent
- The optimal candidate is someone with strong problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and who has knowledge or experience in several areas such as - defending against and/or mitigating system vulnerabilities (including enterprise level concerns, infrastructure, and host/endpoint), intrusion detection and incident response, network traffic analysis, scripting languages, software reverse engineering, network security devices (e.g., firewalls, intrusion and detection systems), SCADA and Control System Devices.
Basic Qualifications:- Bachelors Degree
- At least 9 years experience in software development or software engineering
- At least 7 years experience in cyber security.
- At least 3 years of experience in securing a public cloud environments and services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Preferred Qualifications:- Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience in cyber security engineering (malware, antivirus, behavioral analysis, forensics)
- 5 years experience in software engineering
- 3 years experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- 4 years experience assessing the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or AWS Certification
?Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected] One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Senior Android Engineer at Capital OneAll Jobs