Senior Research Scientist (Hybrid) - Office of Health Affairs 18473
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Senior Research Scientist (Hybrid) for the Office of Health Affairs. About the OpportunityThe Senior Research Scientist is a key participant in the State-University partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia DHHR. The Senior Research Scientist will serve as a principal investigator on contracts leading interdisciplinary research, policy research, or program implementation and trainings translating research findings. Overarching responsibilities include working with the State to leverage their data and conducting relevant policy and evaluation research, or program implementation training. West Virginia University’s Office of Health Affairs frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia’s Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Ideal candidates will have work experience that aligns with the mission of DHHR’s Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children and Families, Bureau for Behavioral Health and Bureau for Public Health.We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
• 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
• WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
• 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
• Wellness programsWhat you’ll do:• Leads multidisciplinary research and evaluation teams in using Medicaid claims data or other state data sources to answer research questions of interest to the state
• Facilitates communication and efficient collaboration between research partners at the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the staff of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
• Ensure that data analytic and research/evaluation activities are compliant with University-level policies for the responsible conduct of research as well as federal, and state policies.
• Provides consultation to faculty and government partners regarding preparation of research proposals, design and methodology, data analytics and interpretation of results.
• Serves as a University representative and liaison to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources for the planning and performance of projects, programs and activities involving health data analytics and program evaluation.
• Work as part of a team to advance the partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
• Identify opportunities for potential collaborations between the Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources as well as other state and nonprofit partners.
• Prepares reports as required by the University, the Health Sciences Center administration, and external agencies. Communicates results of analytic projects and program evaluations with relevant leadership and stakeholders.
• Works closely with W OHA leadership and the Director of Evaluation Services to proactively identify and resolve issues that may adversely affect OHA research and evaluation programs.
• Conducts or directs special projects as assigned. Acts in other matters and capacities as delegated by the Assistant Vice President for Health Affairs or the Director of Evaluation Services.
• Leads the development of publishing relevant findings
• Contributes to building a national reputation for excellence in research and scholarship for the Office of Health Affairs
- Earned PhD in health or data science-related field
- Ten (10) years of experience leading grants or contracts;
- Record of research and achievement in health outcomes and policy research (health services research, public health informatics, health policy, clinical outcomes) as evidenced by publications and / or sustained involvement in a research program.
- Experience conducting research/evaluation using large health data sources within the healthcare industry or academic or governmental sectors
- Experience designing and overseeing large research projects
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive knowledge and experience in utilizing large health databases for research, program evaluation, and policy development.
- Experience analyzing Medicaid administrative claims data or other government program data
- Extensive knowledge in the use of standard statistical analysis packages such as SAS or R
- Record of successfully publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts in the field of health services research
- Experience training and / or supervising other individuals in using statistical analysis packages to analyze administrative claims data
- Ability to project and maintain a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Record of accomplishments in the area of health data analytics.
- Strong ability to communicate goals, methods, and results of research initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Proficiency presenting the results of data analyses to diverse groups of stakeholders
Requirements - Valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
About WVU Why WVU?
• At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
• West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2022
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Multimedia Specialist - Communications at West Virginia University
Category : EducationAll Jobs