IT Business Analyst
Rahway, NJ - The senior IT Business Analyst will be aligned to the portfolio of projects and assigned to initiatives primarily in support of the client area of Global Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Safety within Research Laboratories.
- Under the leadership of the IT Client Services Leader, the senior IT Business Analyst will understand business processes and operating environment and will be responsible to ensure the alignment and integration of IT solutions in support of business strategies across the program ensuring realization of the desired end state in support of the portfolio.
- Major responsibilities include business case development, contributing to innovation initiatives, and project-based activities including business process analysis, scope definition / chartering, requirements elicitation and documentation, UAT planning and coordination, requirements coverage through traceability to requirements, and will leverage methodologies and tools, including the clients SDLC.
The senior IT Business Analyst must be able to work directly with the business area to document current and future state business process. This is a client-facing role which has a high level of interaction with our business partners at all levels and as such, a strong customer service mindset is imperative. The senior BA must be able to work independently and creatively. The incumbent should expect to work collaboratively with business partners, IT colleagues, internal IT shared services colleagues, and third-party solution providers/suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
Bachelor's Degree. Concentration in Engineering, Sciences, Information Systems or related field preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:- A minimum of 5 years of IT business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with client organizations and across other IT areas
- Possesses the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic work environment
- Independent mindset who looks for areas of improvement rather than waiting to be tasked
- Proven experience on Agile teams which focus on iterative business value-driven delivery
- Technical Writing experience including Use Cases, Process diagrams, User stories (As a... I need... so that...), and Success Criteria (given... when... then...)
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, communication and the ability to influence.
- Experience in creating and reviewing documentation specific to clients SDLC.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills balanced with a creative mindset
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, best practices and methodologies including the ability to perform requirements tracing and validations during testing
- Demonstrated requirements gathering skills through development of use cases and other methods and skills used in business analysis such as negotiation, decision making / trade off analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills willingness to explain/translate the business need to technical developers; ability to explain technical concepts in layman s terms when talking with stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in developing compelling business cases and solution recommendations; specifically ensuring high quality materials to facilitate client conversations and presentations
Preferred Experience and Skills:- 10 years proven knowledge of business processes within the pharmaceutical space.
- Knowledge of product model methodology
- Experience working with and managing partners/suppliers, consultants and/or contractors.
- Able to identify the specific need of the client and how that may differ from their stated request (i.e. the client requests an export of data but they really need to identify key trends that analysis of that data provides)
- Experience working with innovative experiments, specifically contributing to idea generation, idea incubation, and/or experimentation; and identifying tangible and measurable criteria
- Proven leadership and people management skills are preferred, along with excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to develop and articulate a plan of action, whether in support of strategy development or planning a roadmap. This plan must be clear, compelling, understandable and flow in a logical fashion with supporting rationale as appropriate.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.