What you'll do...
Build the possibilities.
H&R Block is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to reinvent our digital experiences. You will empower customers through our Fintech startup focused on providing financially vulnerable and coping consumers access to innovative financial services. Financially backed by one of the largest alternative financial services providers in the Americas, this startup is well-positioned to disrupt the US financial services industry for the underserved. The company is currently in pre-launch and is expected to enter the market early-2022.
The entire business process is driven by data, by analytics to allow fast growth all around. This product is transformational for H&R Block and you can be a part of this exciting effort. When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology.
Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer...
About H&R Block...
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used and establish consistent best practices
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.It would be even better if you also had...
What you'll bring to the team...
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with native iOS / Android development is a plus
Who are we a good fit for?
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience
- Experience with Webpack and other build tools.
- Production experience with Angular 8 and Ionic
- Experience with mobile first / responsive website development.
- Expertise in CSS and pre/post-processors
- Proficiency with Agile, Git, Testing, and CI
- Knowledge in web accessibility and accessibility testing
- Knowledge of front-end performance optimization
We're looking for people who act boldly, demand high standards, crave tough problems, and value winning as a team. We love working with talented people but more than that, we want to work with people who are pursuing careers driven by a deeply meaningful purpose. Our jobs go far beyond any job description, and we're constantly striving to innovate and make our customers' experiences better, easier, and faster.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you're great at what you do, we want you to do it at H&R Block.Sponsored Job
#hrbjob #LI-KR1 #hrbfintech